2) Do I need a visa for my Marella cruise?

The best place for up-to-date information on visa and travel advice is the Department of Foreign Affairs. Visit www.dfa.ie.


If you're travelling to the USA onboard one of our ships and you are not staying ashore, you're classed as 'in transit' and can select this during the application process.
Alternatively you can select 'Unknown' and put the name of the ship as the 'Contact'.
If you are staying in a hotel in the US either pre or post cruise - you should enter the hotel details.

For all other Visas

Marella Cruises has partnered with Sherpa to make sure we give our customers the best and clearest information possible regarding what visas are needed for their cruise.

If you need a visa before you travel, you can usually get these via the country's embassy, high commission or consulate websites. Alternatively, if you'd like help with getting a visa, you can visit our online portal with Sherpa, where you'll find detailed visa information for the country you are visiting. For a fee, Sherpa can assist with the application process - giving you access to printable forms that you can send back to them. They also offer advice on visas. Just so you know, the information on this page and the portal only applies to British and Irish passport holders. If you don't hold a British or Irish passport, you'll need to check with the relevant embassy or Sherpa for more info. 

Look out for the 'visa required' or 'ESTA required' logo on the itinerary pages in the brochure to see which sailings need a visa or an ESTA. Then visit https://apply.joinsherpa.com/explore/GBR?affiliateId=tuiuk&language=en-GB for more details.

Visa requirements are subject to change, be sure to check with Sherpa closer to your sailing date. Please make sure you have printed copies of all travel and visa paperwork with you when checking in for your flights. If you do not have the valid visas required, you may be denied boarding at the airport in the UK and not allowed to travel.