Flights to Zante
- Max out your memory card with shots of Smuggler’s Cove, a picture-perfect combination of rippled sands, rugged cliffs and a half-sunken shipwreck.
- Bag a bargain in the maze of winding streets behind Zante Town’s harbour. You’ll find everything from chic boutiques to ramshackle markets, and leather’s super-cheap here.
- Feast on meze at one of Zante’s family-run tavernas. These traditional Greek dishes include squid, octopus and stuffed vine leaves, as well as little meatballs called ‘keftedakia’.
- Hit the neon-lit Laganas strip, where cocktail bars, clubs and restaurants jostle for attention. The action starts at the beach – just follow the bright lights and you can’t miss it.
- Watch baby loggerhead turtles hatch on Kalamaki beach – a dedicated turtle conservation area. The best time to see them is in August and September.