Flights to Costa de la Luz
About Costa de la Luz
Book one of our direct flights to the Costa de la Luz – otherwise known as the coast of light – and after less than three hours in the air, you’ll touch down at the international airport in Jerez. Travel with us and you’ll take flight from London Gatwick Airport. Holidays to the Costa de la Luz are picture-postcard perfect. The region is home to tree-cloaked national parks and pint-sized traditional villages. There’s a rich history to uncover, too. Jerez, in the north, is the birthplace of sherry, while Cadiz and Seville both claim to be the founders of flamenco. You’ll be within easy reach of Cadiz, too. This city is said to be the oldest city in Western Europe and dates back a mammoth 5,000 years, meaning there are plenty of sights to cover off. Climb to the top of the west tower in the 18th-century cathedral and you’ll have a panoramic view over Cadiz and out to sea. If it’s sea and sand you’re after, then you’ll be pleased to hear that flights to the Costa de la Luz brush the tarmac just a few miles from some of Spain’s best beach resorts. Head to Chiclana de la Frontera, for example, and you’ll find a six-kilometre runway of blonde sand. It’s known as Playa de la Barossa and pulls up alongside a promenade of shops, bars, restaurants and luxurious hotels. That said, the north side of this sandy stretch is almost completely free of tourist trimmings. Search for cheap fights to the Costa de la Luz on our Flight Deals page, where you’ll find the latest offers.
- Drop anchor on Barossa Beach in Chiclana de la Frontera. This ribbon of sand stretches out for six kilometres and gets more deserted the further north you go.
- Get into the thick of local life at Cadiz Central Market. Practise your Spanish by bartering with stall holders, as they offer you samples of cheese and cured hams.
- Eat like an Andalusian, and order a plate of ortiguillas. This dish is made by deep-frying sea anemones, which might sound scary, but they taste a little like scampi.
- Hop between the riverside bars in Calle Betis in Triana, Seville. Things don’t get going until late, so you can catch the sunrise on your way back to the hotel.
- Tour one of the sherry bodegas in Jerez de la Frontera. The sherries at Bodegas Faustino Gonzalez have gained quite the celebrity following, and big names like Winston Churchill, Stephen Spielberg and John Malkovich have signed some of the barrels.
MORE DESTINATIONS IN Spain
Why not make it a holiday?
- We've got holidays designed around you
- You get flights, bags, transfers and accommodation
- Our holidays are ATOL protected