About Dalaman Area
Book a flight to the Dalaman Area and you’re headed for one of Turkey’s prettiest spots. Along the coast, pine-cloaked hills slope down to brochure-blue seas. And inland, the landscape’s all snow-dusted mountains and long, winding rivers. But international flights to Dalaman open up more than just postcard-worthy scenery. When it comes to destinations, you’ve got plenty to choose from. Travel to Marmaris where the narrow streets of the old town lead to a treasure trove of little shops and hidden-away bars. And at the marina, chic restaurants serve up the catch of the day overlooking a sea of yachts. In places like Icmeler and Olu Deniz, days are played out by the beach. Secluded sands, tranquil lagoons and laidback waterfront restaurants set the scene. Holidays to Sarigerme serve up lots in the way of history. You’ll find evidence of the Romans’ occupation of this place in the form of ruins and archaeological sites. Plus, the golden-sand beach has relaxation covered. Fethiye and Calis Beach are just a 10-minute drive apart from each other. If you’re looking for markets and marinas, Fethiye’s your best bet. Meanwhile, in Calis Beach, the clue’s in the name. This place’s sandy swathe is the jewel in its crown. Hisaronu – which is fast becoming a nightlife hotspot – isn’t far away, either. Our direct flights to Dalaman airport leave from all over England, Scotland and Wales – altogether, you’ve got 14 airports to choose from. You’ll be in the air for around four hours. Check out our deals on cheap flights and hotels on our website.
- Kick back on Olu Deniz beach, where a ribbon of shingle separates the sea from a crystal-clear lagoon. It makes for perfect swimming and paddling territory.
- Splash the cash along Nestle Marina. This strip in Marmaris is chock-full of glitzy boutiques and high-end gift shops.
- Tuck into a plate of meze. This collection of appetizers usually includes stuffed vine leaves, mounds of hummus and oven-fresh bread.
- Have a dance in Hisaronu. High up in the hills, this town turns up the volume after dark, with its heaving karaoke dens, lively bars-cum-discos and noisy sports bars.
- Pack your swimming costume for a trip to Pammukale. These thermal springs were popular in Roman times. They’re surrounded by bright-white solidified cascades – so they look as if they’re made from ice.
MORE DESTINATIONS IN Turkey
Why not make it a holiday?
- We've got holidays designed around you
- You get flights, bags, transfers and accommodation
- Our holidays are ATOL protected