About Izmir area
Flights to Izmir touch down on Turkey’s Aegean Coast, where star billing goes to Kusadasi. Set in a scene-stealing bay just north of Bodrum, this holiday hub packs in plenty of must-sees. For starters, there’s the Grand Bazaar – a treasure trove of little shops and stalls. Then there are the beaches to consider. A 15-minute walk from the centre, Ladies Beach is loud and lively at one end and pin-drop peaceful at the other. But you’ll find the main attraction just inland from the coast. Ephesus is one of the best-preserved Roman cities in the world, and it’s just minutes from Kusadasi. Plus, when you book a flight to Izmir you can explore the modern port city itself. Cue palm-lined boulevards, sleek boutiques and a harbour that was made for fine dining.
- Soak up the sun at the ever-popular Ladies Beach in Kusadasi. This stretch of sand is peppered with loungers and backed by cafés and bars.
- Delve into the Grand Bazaar in Kusadasi. A crazy mix of American shopping mall and Arabic souk, it sells everything from carpets to necklaces.
- Taste local favourite, ‘borek’. It’s a feather-light filo parcel that’s usually stuffed with feta, spinach or minced lamb.
- Don your gladrags for a trip to Bar Street. Kusadasi’s aptly-named hub is teeming with bars, so it’s a great choice for some pre-club cocktails.
- Step back in time with a visit to Ephesus. The trump card of this ancient city is the façade of the Library of Celsus, although there’s plenty in the way of temples and theatres, too.
MORE DESTINATIONS IN Turkey
Why not make it a holiday?
- We've got holidays designed around you
- You get flights, bags, transfers and accommodation
- Our holidays are ATOL protected