About Antalya area
Flights to Antalya showcase Turkey’s sophisticated side. It’s nicknamed the ‘Turkish Riviera’, and has plenty of clout to back up the title. Along the coast, palm-laced beaches stretch out for more than 400 miles, so sunbathing is a cinch. They make room for wide promenades lined with cocktail bars and al fresco restaurants, where the food ticks all the right boxes. In the new town, designer shops sit next to one-of-a-kind boutiques. That’s not all that’s on offer with flights to Antalya, either – the city’s maze-like old town counts an ancient castle among its must-sees. Dating back to the 2nd century BC, it comes complete with tucked-away courtyards and towering turrets. Neighbouring Side is right on your doorstep, too. This popular resort has been a favourite with Brits for years, thanks to its great beaches and fascinating Roman ruins. It’s also a gateway for trips to Alanya, which has enough Medieval buildings to fill an entire day’s sightseeing. There are a couple of child-friendly Blue Flag beaches to add to the mix, where you can hire parasols for the day, plus a party scene close to the harbour that gives Europe’s best clubbing destinations a run for their money. The seaside town of Belek’s a little closer to Antalya, and offers holidays cut from a more refined cloth. Hotels here are more upmarket, and the cafés and shops are suited to well-polished visitors. Our return international flights to Antalya Airport travel direct from six UK airports, including London Gatwick. If you want to search for cheap flights, head over to our deals page.
- Swim in the glass-clear waters of Side. The two beaches here clock up 10 kilometres of sand, with backdrops that range from tree-clad hills to hotel-lined promenades.
- Splash the cash in Antalya’s Mirgos Mall. Here, you’ll find designer boutiques rubbing shoulders with shops full of bling.
- Tuck into plates of ‘gozleme’. This local favourite takes a hand-rolled flatbread and stuffs it with savoury fillings, like spinach and crumbly cheese.
- Take to the dancefloor in Antalya. Start off along the waterfront before making your way to Kaleici, the old part of town, where the clubs churn out beats until the early hours.
- Step into the shoes of an ancient gladiator with a trip to Perge. Dating back to 333 BC, this ancient city counts a 12,000-seater stadium among its must-sees.
MORE DESTINATIONS IN Turkey
Why not make it a holiday?
- We've got holidays designed around you
- You get flights, bags, transfers and accommodation
- Our holidays are ATOL protected