- Airport Name : Banjul International Airport (BJL)
- Airport Location : The airport’s 20 kilometres south of the country’s biggest city, Serrekunda.
- Terminal : TUI flights depart from the main terminal.
- From the coastline, the Senegambia Highway’s the quickest way to reach the airport. It takes around 40 minutes to drive.
- From Bakau, in the north, follow the Brikama Highway to reach the airport. It takes 50 minutes.
- To get a shuttle or minibus to or from the airport, it’s best to organise directly with the hotel you’re staying in.
- Taxis outside the airport will have a green door with yellow stripes. There are no meters, but the main destinations have fixed rates signposted outside the terminal.
- A fare to Bakau, Kololi or Kotu will usually cost between 200 and 300 dalasi. It’s a little more to reach the capital, Banjul, and you can expect to pay between 400 and 500.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, or trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle.