Flights to Crete
Flights to Crete take you to the largest of the Greek Islands. Thanks to its size, this place has got room to squeeze in loads to keep both children and adults happy. Sprinkled around its pine-filled gorges and rugged mountains are plenty of classical Minoan sites that hint at the island’s 4,000-year-old past. Highlights include the legendary Palace of Knossos and the ruins of the city of Phaestos near Kamilari. The Minoan tomb here dates back to 1900 BC. But it’s not just a dose of mythology that you’ll get with a holiday to Crete. Dusting the edges of the island are swathes of sand lapped by the turquoise waters of the Med. Aghios Nikolaos is great for watersports, and the sandy stretch at Sun Beach is as balmy as the name suggests. If you travel with us, you can book to stay in four main destinations. In Rethymnon and Chania, beaches top the bill. Meanwhile, Heraklion’s an international clubbing hotspot and Lassithi’s a must-visit for history buffs. Plus, to make your trip easier, our direct flights to Crete land at two airports – Chania and Heraklion. We fly to Heraklion from 10 airports across England, Scotland and Wales. And, you can touch down at Chania airport from a massive 24 airports across the UK, so you’re sure to find a location that suits you. Keep an eye out for our deals on cheap flights and hotels.
- Sprawl out on the pink sands of Elafonisi Beach and take a dip in its lagoon-like bay. You’ll find it over on the south-west coast.
- Head to Heraklion’s central market. Expect to leave laden down with pots of honey, local cheeses and even some Minoan-style jewellery.
- Tuck into a traditional dish like ‘dolmades’. This tasty mix of rice and meat is wrapped up in a vine leaf, like a bite-sized present.
- Party Med-style in Malia. Its main strip is full to the brim with enough bars and nightclubs to keep the drinks and beats flowing until sunrise.
- Explore the Palace of Knossos. This 3,500-year-old gem is a myth-filled classic that, according to legend, once harboured the Minotaur.
- We've got holidays designed around you
- You get flights, bags, transfers and accommodation
- Our holidays are ATOL protected