Flights to Rethymnon area
About Rethymnon area
You get a 2-for-1 kind of deal when you book a flight to Rethymnon. That’s because, not only does it come with lots of sights to see, it’s also in the perfect spot for exploring the rest of the Crete, with both Chania and Heraklion only around an hour’s drive away. Greece is known for beautiful beaches, and Rethymnon is no exception. Here, the golden sands stretch out for a whopping 12 kilometres. At one end of the beach, you’ll find the Venetian harbour, which is filled with traditional tavernas serving freshly-caught seafood. Elsewhere, Rethymnon’s old town is the best-preserved in the whole of Crete. Don’t miss its 16th-century fortress and the Rimondi Fountain, with intricately-carved lion faces that spurt water onto the pavement below. In the surrounding area, the Arkadi Monastery comes with fairytale turrets and a pretty bell-tower, while the Saint Antony Gorge is home to a teeny chapel built into the side of a cliff.
- Sprawl out on Rethymnon’s sandy beach. It unravels for a whole 12 kilometres along the coast and is lined by shops, bars and restaurants.
- Dine by the water’s edge at Rethymnon’s Venetian harbour, where open-air cafes serve Cretan meze and cold beers with views of the lighthouse.
- Explore the narrow streets of Rethymnon’s charming old town to discover its beautifully-preserved Venetian doorways, fountains and churches.
- Spend a morning at the Arkadi Monastery. Nestled within the mountains, its Renaissance church and gardens are surrounded by impressive scenery.
- Cruise along northern Crete’s rugged coastline on a catamaran trip, past whitewashed villages, mysterious caves and forest-flanked hillsides.
- We've got holidays designed around you
- You get flights, bags, transfers and accommodation
- Our holidays are ATOL protected