Flights to Costa de Almeria
About Costa de Almeria
Direct flights to the Costa de Almeria take just under three hours when you fly with our airline from London Gatwick Airport. Up until recently, the coastline around Almeria has been Spain’s Costa Confidential. While travel magazines have lifted the lid on the Costa del Sol, Costa Blanca and Costa Brava, this stretch of the country’s southeast has remained largely off the record. When you touch down in this part of the world, you’ll have access to one of Spain’s most unspoilt shorelines – that’s a total of 200 kilometres to search and explore, all in all. Flights to the Costa de Almeria also introduce you to some of Spain’s traditional towns, including Mojacar, where whitewashed, sugar-cube houses with red roofs spill down a craggy hillside, the same way they have for centuries. Hotels here take advantage of the leafy setting, lining up plenty of open green spaces next to classically Spanish, villa-style buildings. Nearby, there’s the Cabo de Gata Natural Park, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve that’s home to flamingos, eagles and Spain’s largest volcanic rock formation. Book a stay in Roquetas del Mar, on the other hand, and you’ll find a lively promenade, sangria-soaked tapas bars and a hefty swathe of soft, white sand. For daytrips, the impressive cities of Granada and Malaga are a short drive away, and make for ideal sightseeing trips before your return flight.
- Muse over the abandoned fishing boats as you sunbathe on San Miguel Beach in Cabo de Gata, an hour’s drive from Roquetas de Mar. They make the sand look an open-air antiques shop.
- Browse the artisan shops in Nijar, 45 minutes from Roquetas de Mar. In the old quarter, distressed wooden doorways lead Narnia-style to boutiques full of hand-woven rugs and hand-painted ceramics.
- Treat yourself to the fresh lobster in one of the seafood restaurants on Roquetas de Mar’s 13-kilometre seaside promenade.
- Sieasta in preparation for a night out in Almeria. Start with a crawl of the city’s tapas bars in the Tenor Iribarne area, then head to the clubs on Calle de las Tiendas.
- Dart over to Granada for the day, 2 hours from Roquetas de Mar. There’s a Moorish tint to this city, which you’ll see most clearly when you’re exploring the 14th-century pleasure palace and its rose gardens.
- We've got holidays designed around you
- You get flights, bags, transfers and accommodation
- Our holidays are ATOL protected