About Costa del Sol
Direct flights to the Costa del Sol are just shy of three hours long if you take off from a London airport like Luton or Gatwick, or an extra 20 minutes travelling from a northern departure point. This part of Spain’s a real selection box, but the Costa del Sol – AKA the Sunshine Coast – is a holiday favourite for a reason. Whichever town you pick, you won’t be far from golden sands, traditional tapas bars and good old-fashioned Spanish hospitality. Opt for upmarket Marbella if you like holidays with more than a touch of glamour. Here, you’ll be met with glitzy hotels, stylish bars, and shops selling international couture with no price tags. Make a beeline for the old town, however, and 10th-century castles and charming squares take centre stage. Families will love next-door neighbours Torremolinos and Benalmadena, which clock up more than their fair share of Blue Flag beaches, and are within touching distance of attractions like Tivoli World and Aqualand. From any resort on the Costa del Sol, you can easily daytrip to Malaga. Make the journey up the coast, and you’ll arrive in the country’s sixth-largest city. It’s also one of the oldest cities in the world, so culture’s a given. It’s home to the Picasso Museum – the artist was born just minutes away. And, there’s a clutch of churches – including one which dates back to 1490.
- Hide away in a dinky little cove along Nerja’s coastline, or head a little further east for a sandier stretch at Burriana beach.
- Splash the cash in Malaga, where designer boutiques rub shoulders with high street fashions and quirky antiques.
- Feast on tapas in Torremolinos’ La Carihuela quarter, then wash it all down with a glass of sangria.
- Dance ‘til dawn at the Palladium in Torremolinos. This super-sized club even has a swimming pool when it’s time to cool off.
- Explore the streets of Seville. If you’ve booked a flight to the Costa del Sol, you’ve really got to see this – it’s full of cobblestone squares and historical highlights.
MORE DESTINATIONS IN Spain
Why not make it a holiday?
- We've got holidays designed around you
- You get flights, bags, transfers and accommodation
- Our holidays are ATOL protected